Which is a good thing considering he just came home last week to tell me he's getting mobilized for 6 months. Ugh, Now I have NO choice.
I tried this recipe- "Slow Cooker Coconut Ginger Chicken & Vegetables." It looked so good until I read the directions. Um, this was not for me. So, I just winged it. And it came out awesome as a soup! If you use the cornstarch, it would be great with rice.
Here's my adjustments:
I used chicken breasts instead of thighs. I baked them first until they were about 90% done, and then took them out and cubed them.
To the ingredients-
- Instead of fresh garlic, 1 tsp garlic powder
- Instead of ginger root, 1/2 tsp ground ginger (you can use more if you like it hot!)
- No olive oil or butter since I baked the breasts
- 2 large or 3 medium chicken breasts instead of thighs
- No cornstarch (it's a thinner stew, more like soup)
- Instead of a can of baby corn and 1 cup frozen veg, I used 1- 12oz bag Bird's Eye Steamfresh Asian Blend Lightly Seasoned (it has the baby corn in it)
After I baked the chicken, I threw everything into the crockpot including the cubed chicken and let it simmer on low long enough to thaw and thoroughly heat through the frozen veg. It also was the perfect amount of time to get the flavor into the chicken.
This was a wonderful recipe! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Thai food. :) I'll definitely be making this again in the future.