4.14.2020

Easter Ponderings




It has been on my mind lately that I haven’t felt productive in my faith. My life feels “wrong” to some degree, like I’ve missed the path He set out for me. With it being Easter season, Lent has been on my mind. I didn’t practice it in the past so I decided to learn about it. 

I didn’t end up honoring Lent in its time this year, however it had several points that intrigued me. Lent is 40 days long, which is an important number repeatedly in the Bible. In reading here forty days is pointed out as significant for Noah, Moses and Jesus. The times that forty were illustrated always pertained to a time when God took the person out of their old life, and prepared them for a new way of life through Him. It’s also important to note that Lent was a time to reflect on the things that Jesus spoke of- fasting for self discipline and to focus one’s mind on God, sacrifice and giving to others. 

I thought about what the entire forty day season leading up to  Easter was really about, and the graphic above came to mind. Like those chosen for their forty day journey into new life in Him, we need to keep our minds on what kind of life God has called us to. That forty day period should lead us towards it, continually strengthening and growing us in our faith each year, instead of only being a time of reflection or remembrance of His sacrifice.

1 comment:

Naturalpathstylist said...

I absolutely LOVE this! What great insight and a great reminder and a much needed one! ♡ beautifully said.