4.10.2020

Good Friday ponderings


It’s Good Friday. 
I was thinking on and off about Jesus sacrificing for us humans, and me in particular. I thought about how I should be appreciating my life more and live like his sacrifice was worth more than my current plodding along seems to value it. It came to me- What if there’s a second  side to the crucifixion that we don’t think about as much-

What if it is just as important for us to concentrate on the fact that Jesus was willing to take on the full measure of sin for the entire world- as it is for us to see this is also the ultimate example of loving obedience to God?

His Father says, “I need you to do this, Jesus, for mankind, and for my purpose with them to be fulfilled.” And despite his human understanding of the horrifics required, he loved his Father enough to say yes. He understood that God had put this into his life for a reason so he obeyed Him because He believed, and his love was shown in his obedience.

WHAT IF we simply need to understand this is how wholeheartedly we need to be as we come to the Lord as Believers? To believe with a whole heart, and to follow Him with that same loving devotion.


No comments: